Saturday, October 6, 2007

Steve: Drama in one act

Dear Steve (the Wrapping machine) has been giving us trouble for the past three weeks. At some point I actually gave Steve some undue human qualities and pretended that he (it) is actually thinking about things, quietly mocking Ryan and I while we're trying to do our jobs. Here are some examples that will actually make you think that I am completely nuts. Here they are anyway:
1. Situation 1: Steve does not want to wrap caramel (improper alignment of the wrapping fingers is the problem, but we did not know it yet). He spews caramels all over the place and jams paper feed every 2-3 minutes.
Us :"I can't believe this #$%& I just fixed the #$^& paper and here it is again jammed. What a..."
Steve (in low mumble, very Mr. Burn-esque voice) :" Excellent... You two are such angry beavers and yet nothing is wrapped yet. Perhaps some more patience would do you two some good. This is fun"
Us: "here, it's fixed again. let's try a different way of doing this...
Steve: "Different- schmifferent. I don't think so"
Us: "here, I think it's working" (peering into the receptable bin with some semi-wrapped caramel)" Crappy wrap once again!!!"
Steve: "Yep. Look, I think it's time to call it a day. I think everyone can use a beer"
Us: "Damn it, how many times we will have to adjust these stupid fingers. here, let's move them further back"
Steve: (irritated voice): "I feel violated and please take your dirty paws away from my teeth. Also, from now on I would like to be addressed as Steven if you please. No more of this "Steve" business because at 67 I believe that some respect is in order".
Katie: "He wins. Let's take a breather otherwise I'll explode"
Ryan:" I hate Steve"

No comments: